Listen To Our Services
St. Andrew Calendar
Adult Christian Education
Church Staff and Officers
Children and Youth
Fellowship and Community
Mission And Service
Becoming A Member
Donations - Give A New Hymnal
Children And Youth Ministry
Youth and Children’s Ministries:
At St. Andrew, we believe that our children and youth are a vital part of what makes us “church.” Our ministry here wouldn’t be the same without their presence, excitement, leadership, and even their chaos and messiness. Children and youth are warmly encouraged to participate in Worship, Church School and other Educational opportunities, and Fellowship activities such as day events or overnight retreats. Although our programs are smaller, we are mighty! A unique environment like this allows greater opportunities for community, intergenerational relationships, and leadership for young people.
| "The Sunday School mural," by Ray Geier.
Children from last summer’s Peace Camp with the Presbyterian Church (USA)’s moderator (also a grandfather).
REGULAR SUNDAY HAPPENINGS:
Nursery for newborns through Pre-K. Open from 8:30 am-noon most Sundays. Please check on the hours for holiday Sundays. Our two safe, qualified nursery staff will take great care of your littlest ones so you don’t have to worry during worship!
Children’s Sermon during the 10:30 Church Service: A Children’s Sermon is offered during every Sunday morning in the later Worship Service, at 10:30. Children are invited to the front of the sanctuary for an interactive, fun message related to the day’s Scripture.
Church School (Kindergarten-5th grade) during the 10:30 service: After the “children’s sermon” in big church, children can join our enthusiastic, caring and trustworthy teachers for Church School. They have the chance to learn various Bible stories, do some fun crafts and games, and build strong friendships. This will happen every week during the school year and will be offered occasionally during June, July and August.
Fx3 for Middle and High School Students after church (11:45 am-1 pm- Please bring your own lunch): Fx3 (Faith Focus and Fellowship) gives middle and high school students the chance to connect with other church tweens and teens and build life-long friendships. It is also a great way to learn more about the Christian faith, and to discover tools for maneuvering life as a young person today.
On Sunday mornings youth are invited to help teach the Children’s Sunday School, participate in the Faith Matters Adult Church School class, the Bible Video class, or join the Choir. All of these happen before the 10:30 service.
Children and Families
- Vacation Bible School with Mountain View United Methodist (ages Pre-K through rising 5th graders plus youth helpers): This year it is June 13th-17th in the mornings. The cost is $25 per kid or $40 per family.
- Peace Camp for ages 3-14: This year it is August 8-12th from 9 am-12:30. This is a unique camp fro young people to learn how to manage difficult emotions nonviolently, to learn about peace in various faith traditions, and to discover how they can be powerful peacemakers in the world today. The cost is $25 per kid or $40 per family.
- Rocky Mountain Mission Work Week in Nederland—June 19th-25th. An inter-generational trip to serve those in need in our community, and to create unforgettable memories in our beautiful mountains.
- St. Andrew Storycorps (for children and youth): an intergenerational program to build mentoring relationships between young people and adults in the church through the power of storytelling and finding common ground.
- Rockies Faith Day trip for a game and concert: The afternoon of Sunday, August 7thth this year.
- Rally Day to kick off our education year—Early September. Families can come enjoy a bouncy castle, food, great people, and learn about the educational opportunities at St. Andrew.
- Advent Crafts Workshop for families at the beginning of Advent each year.
- Pageant for kids and youth every December. Last year our young people did an amazing job with The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe!
- Easter Egg Hunt for Easter each year
- Our Youth Ministry revolved around 3 main aspects: Fun and Fellowship, Learning and Spirituality, and Service. Most of our special events incorporate all of these.
- Retreats: Some of our regular retreats include: the Annual Ski retreat, Retreat to Estes Park with other local Presbyterian youth groups.
- Events with other youth groups: We also offer events to join other youth groups in the Denver/Boulder area for outdoor and indoor adventures, such as ltimate Frisbee, paintball, hiking, etc.
- Helping with service and Mission: Youth and children can participate in various church mission projects, such as helping with BOHO, BaoBao Library fundraising, Souper Bowl of Caring, the Mitten tree during Advent, and adopting a Christmas family in need, and helping with Vacation Bible School.
- Classes to help give young people a moral compass: This year we will offer a special program about relationships and sexuality for youth through the biblically-based CLER curriculum. This class can help young people figure out how to date responsibly and discern how to set their own boundaries. Please talk to Blair soon to get signed up.
Please email Blair at email@example.com to get the schedule of upcoming youth events. Or you can follow along on the Facebook page at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/648898785144922/
St. Andrew is a supporter of Highlands Camp, the Camp and Retreat Center for the Plains and Peaks Presbytery and Denver Presbytery. Children, youth, and adults have ample opportunities, both in the summer and throughout the year, to get closer to God in Highlands’ natural setting. Check out http://www.highlandscamp.org/ for information about summer camps, horse camps, adventure camps, weekend getaways, and retreats. Highlands is featured in the PCUSA Camps & Conferences web page.