Listen To Our Services
St. Andrew Calendar
Adult Christian Education
Church Staff and Officers
Children and Youth
Fellowship and Community
Mission And Service
Becoming A Member
Donations - Give A New Hymnal
Director of Christian Education
St. Andrew Presbyterian Church
St. Andrew Presbyterian Church of Boulder, Colorado, is seeking a dynamic individual to fill a full-time position as Director of Christian Education. This person would plan, facilitate, and oversee St. Andrew’s Christian education and youth ministries from nursery through adult.
We are a medium-sized (220+), progressive church, firmly rooted in the Reformed tradition with a strong commitment to mission. We are seeking a dedicated and caring Christian who will be a strong advocate for Christian education for our entire congregation, guiding and coordinating the efforts of willing and dedicated volunteers.
The detailed job description can be found below. We are interested in an enthusiastic and devoted individual with experience in the field, preferably in the Presbyterian Church; however, personal gifts are as important as experience. Applicants should have vision, energy, creativity, organizations and good interpersonal and writing skills. Salary is negotiable. Position includes a comprehensive benefits package. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Director of Christian Education
Purpose: To prayerfully and professionally lead the children, youth, and adults of St. Andrew in education, spiritual formation, and fellowship as an essential part of the greater mission of the church.
Accountability: Accountable to the Christian Education (CE) and Personnel and Administration Committees, under the supervision of the Pastor/Head-of-Staff.
- Coordinate and direct CE programming for children, including Nursery, Church School, Children’s Sermon, holiday programs, family activities, Vacation Bible School, and Peace Camp.
- Coordinate and direct Christian programming for youth, including Church School, holiday programs, Confirmation program and retreats.
- Coordinate and direct adult education, incorporating the gifts and expertise of members and friends of the congregation in leadership.
- Participate as an ex-officio member of the CE Committee, giving reports and attending monthly meetings.
- Develop an annual calendar, reflecting the goals and objectives developed in conjunction with the CE Committee and staff.
- Coordinate and provide family programs (educational, fellowship, and service) that foster interaction between families.
- Maintain accurate lists of children and youth by grade and age.
- Participate in occasional evening events, activities, and meetings.
- Coordinate special programs and offerings which may include:
- Teacher Commissioning, Bible Gifts, Christmas Pageant, Blessing of the Backpacks, Palm Sunday Processional, Teacher Recognition, Easter Egg Hunt, Triennium, Souper Bowl of Caring, Rally Day, Graduate Recognition
Leadership of Activities and Staff
- Manage, allocate, and monitor the CE budget with input and communication from the Pastor and CE Committee.
- Ensure compliance with the Child Protection Policy. Manage and provide guidance on child and youth safety issues.
- Maintain classrooms with lesson plans and supplies prepared for teachers.
- Supervise the condition and organization of classrooms, supply room, and storage areas.
- Hire and supervise Nursery staff.
- Recruit for and administer the Church School curriculum and be available as a resource for teacher teams when classes are offered.
- Provide training, guidance, support, and recognition for Church School teachers.
- Prepare and present Children’s Sermon in Sunday Worship Service.
- Coordinate with Pastor, Worship Committee, and other church committees to offer youth and children’s worship experiences and education.
- Ensure regular youth group gatherings are held.
- Recruit and administer the youth program, supervising adults who work with youth.
- Where necessary, train volunteers to perform their youth ministry functions.
- Ensure the volunteers have access to programs and materials made available for youth education by higher level organizations, such as the Presbyterian Church (USA).
- Coordinate with Pastor and Worship Committee and other church committees to offer opportunities for youth leadership in worship and youth worship experiences.
- Be a key resource for ideas, books, and teaching curriculum for adult education, recruit adult teachers as needed, and ensuring that adults with gifts and a vision for adult education leadership have the support and resources needed.
- Work with Mission Committee to help plan, recruit for, and participate in mission trips (family, intergenerational, or youth).
- Participate in continuing education opportunities to enrich Christian Education for the whole church membership.
- Attend worship services, including special services (ex. Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, etc.) and participate in leadership, as requested.
- Partner with and support Highlands Presbyterian Camp in the course of St. Andrew’s educational ministries.
- Attend staff meetings.
Ministry Design and Implementation
- Develop overall program of educational experiences as basis for the theological development of St. Andrew members and friends.
- Coordinate with CE Committee regarding curriculum, resources, and programming needs and evaluate program effectiveness and, if necessary, refine/create new experiences.
- Be aware of education programs and resources offered by Presbyterian Church (USA) and make those offerings available as appropriate.
- Work with youth to determine best options for scheduling meeting and events, that build continuity, friendships, and growing participation.
- Express ideas, beliefs, and feelings in a positive, professional manner.
- Send regular updates to parents and volunteers with news, calendars, and upcoming event details.
- Advertise widely for classes and activities (ex. Church Bulletin and e-Blast announcements, bulletin boards, emails, posters in church building, social media, and website).
- Regularly use church website and social media to communicate.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com.